Tuesday, March 30, 2021

My List of 40 Things To Do Before I Turn 40


Ten years ago I set a goal of 30 things I wanted to do before I turned 30.  It was a fun list, and a busy year, and I was able to do most of the things on my list.  As I've been thinking about my birthday coming up in tomorrow, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do this year.  I'm turning 39 years old tomorrow, which means I am one year away from the big 40!  So I've decided to make a list of 40 things I want to accomplish before I turn 40.  It's a big list, and it's going to take a lot of work, but I'm really excited to work on these goals and see what this next year brings.  I'll journal my experiences here.  If you want to join me on any of these goals, please let me know!

1. Break a Bad Habit

2. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon

3. Go on a 40 Day Spending Freeze

4. Read 40 Books 

5. Hike 40 miles on the Appalachian Trail

6.  Go 40 days straight without watching television

7. Visit any states that I haven't been to: North Dakota, Nebraska, Rhode Island, Connecticut

8. Complete the following workout series from Beachbody: Barre Blend, P90X and #mbf

9. Write a personal statement and display it where I can see it each day

10. Run/walk/hike 40 miles in one day

11. Bake an amazing cheesecake

12. Watch 40 movies that I haven't seen

13. Build a shelter/cabin using trees in my backyard

14. Buy a piece of art that I'm proud to display

15. Plan and follow through on 40 secret acts of service

16. Do something scary in my work life - something that stretches me.

17, Reach my goal of donating $1 Million to Charity

18. Fit into my Gold Pleather Wranglers

19. Lose 40 pounds and be in the best shape of my life

20. Go on a 40 day social media fast

21. Try 40 new recipes

22. Hike 40 different hikes

23. Learn to build a fire from scratch

24. Learn to juggle

25. Go on a 40 day fast from sugar, bread and meat

26. Plan my 40th Birthday TRIP!

27. Put 40% of each paycheck towards savings/retirement

28. Ride in a helicopter

29. Complete a triathlon or marathon

30. Study and share a thought each Sunday about an attribute of Jesus Christ

31.  Go 40 days straight of spending 40 minutes a day studying the Gospel of Jesus Christ

32. Try paddle boarding

33. Write a handwritten note to 40 people that have made a difference in my life.

34. Have my WILL written

35. Take classes to learn about becoming a foster parent/adoption

36. Put together a Webb Family History book

37. Learn to get Rip properly trained and perhaps get another dog

38. Build a piece of furniture out of wood

39. See the Northern Lights

40.  Try mountain biking for the first time





4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I just turned 39 on the 22nd. You can so do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I do have a question about number 18 though.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Angie! You can do it - get these on your calendar asap. I want to try paddle boarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do the Appalachian mt hike with you.

    ReplyDelete