Sunday, April 4, 2021

He is my Redeemer


 Every Sunday for the next year I will be studying a name, or attribute, of Jesus Christ and writing my thoughts here.  I have really been wanting to get to know Jesus better and I am looking forward to finding Him as I study these things and seek after Him.



A name of Jesus Christ that I have always loved is Redeemer.  He is my Redeemer.


In the dictionary it says that the definition of redeemer is a person who redeems.  So what does it mean to redeem?  To redeem means to free from what distresses or harms.   When I think about that I think about how Jesus can, and will, save me from all those things that can harm me.  He makes good all that is wrong. He releases from debt and blame. He helps to overcome. He frees from captivity.  He frees from the consequence of sin. He changes us for the better. He makes us worthwhile.  


Jesus Christ makes me worthwhile.  He saves me, and will always save me, from distress, harm, sin, sadness, captivity, loneliness and heartache.  I am worthwhile because of Jesus Christ and no one has the power to take my worth away.  It is already there, and always will be.  Because of Him.  


"His act of redemption was accomplished out of His love for us and in large measure out of His understanding of what we are and what we face. Though He was always God, mortality fully touched Him. Therefore, He understood our strivings and failures; He knew us, because He became one with us. But in condescending to be like us, He is now able to lift us to become like Him (see 3 Ne. 27:14–22)." -Richard D. Draper


He loves me because He knows me.  He knows my heart and the desires I hold so deep within it.  I think it's because He knows my heart so well that He is so willing to redeem me. He knows I am worth saving.  He knows we are all worth saving.  I think if we all saw the deep desires of each other's hearts, and the hopes and fears and tender feelings we hold deep inside, we'd all do anything we could to help each other, love each other and treat each other with such gentle kindness, just like our Redeemer, Jesus Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment