Monday, March 19, 2012

#6: Be an Answer to Someone Else's Prayers


When I created my list of 30 things to accomplish this year I knew it would be hard to measure whether or not I got this one done.  How do I know if I have been the answer to someone else's prayer?  I set this goal because I wanted to be more aware of others and seeking opportunities to do something kind for someone else.  I think we all sometimes get so caught up in our own lives that we just forget that we are here to help each other and that we have so much to offer other people to help make their lives a little easier.

Have I been an answer to someone else's prayer this year?  I hope so.  I pray and ask for inspiration that I will be in the right place at the right time to help someone else in need.  That's the best we can all do.  This is a lifelong goal of mine.  When I turn outside of myself and do kind things for other people my heart is filled with peace and love.  I definitely have a lot of work to do to become less selfish and more willing to serve, but at least I am heading in the right direction. 

I have been given such a great life and I hope in turn I can be an answer to someone's prayer and help bring light and joy into their life as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment