Saturday, March 17, 2012

#11: Go Curling


When the winter Olympics were in Salt Lake City in 2002 I discovered the sport of curling.  I remember watching it on t.v. and thinking to myself, "Okay! Here is my ticket to being in the Olympics! I can totally be good at this one."   I ended up watching a lot of curling that winter.

Well, for the past two or three years my friends and I have talked about going to the Olympic Oval here in Utah and learning how to curl. Every Friday night they give lessons.  After talking about it for so long, we finally did it!  Last night I learned how to curl!  A group of us got together and ventured out to the Olympic Oval (which is AMAZING) and spent the evening learning the basics of curling.

We had fun learning how in the heck the game even works and then practicing our slide and release (I don't remember what it's called).  I do believe that one night of curling was enough for me.  It seems like a very interesting game, but I think I will leave it to the professional curlers to represent our country at the Olympics in 2014. Go Team USA!
The Dream Team



No comments:

Post a Comment