Friday, March 16, 2012

#23: Go on 30 Hikes


This was a fun goal to accomplish.  For those of you that know me, you know that I LOVE the mountains!  My favorite thing to do in the summertime is to fill a backpack with water and snacks, get together with a friend or two, and head up to the mountains for some hiking.  Utah has so many amazing places to go hiking.  The mountains here are so beautiful and each canyon is so unique and different from each other.  When the snow melted last summer I made sure that I was up in the mountains as much as possible, so it wasn't too difficult to get my 30 hikes in.  Besides hiking in Utah, I also did some hiking in the Grand Canyon and also in Hawaii.  All I can say is that my heart longs to be in the mountains and when I am standing on top of a mountain peak I feel so close to heaven.  There is such a peaceful feeling up there and the beauty is just incredible! When I am in the mountain I am at home and I know that I am really living!



No comments:

Post a Comment