Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spotlight of an Artist


#22 on my list of things to do before I turn this is to have my portrait painted. Hardly anyone these days has their portrait painted anymore and I thought it would be really cool to have it done.  I had no idea how I was going to accomplish this one, or who I could have paint it, but it has all worked out and I am so excited to see the finished product.

As a result of creating this blog I have made a new friend.  She lives in India. She has been a huge cheerleader for me as I've worked on all of my goals.  Her name is Niveditha. One of my future goals is to travel to India one day to visit Niveditha and to explore that amazing country.  On her facebook page Niveditha said "I choose to be a legacy." I love that and I love the way she chooses to live her life to the fullest! By the way, she's an artist. Check out her website: http://www.nivedithas.com/

Niv introduced me to Shirish Deshpande, an artist in India.  His work is beautiful. On his website he says,
A portrait by Shirish

"Art for me is food for the soul. It encompasses my whole being, saturates the soul. Art inspires, illuminates, encourages, surprises, excites, provokes, calms, elevates emotionally as well as spiritually and connects soul to soul. On seeing my art, if the viewer experiences even one of these emotions, then we connect soul to soul."

I love that!!! His ballpoint pen paintings are beautiful. Check out his website to learn more about Shirish and see photos of his work: http://www.shirishdeshpande.com/index.html

I am so grateful for my new friends in India. When I receive my portrait I will be sure to post it on the blog for all of you to see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment