Monday, January 30, 2012

Update Time! Only 60 more days to go!


Hi friends! It's been awhile since I've posted an update, so here you go!

On Saturday night I went on date #11.  We will call him Simon (that is not his real name).  A mutual friend of ours set us up.  He picked me up at my house and we went to dinner at El Chiwawa (?) and they had delicious Mexican food.  After dinner we went bowling.  Our first game I got pretty lucky and probably bowled my best game ever (180 points!) and beat Simon.  I am usually not very good at bowling, but that game I was on.  The next game Simon taught me how to spin the bowling ball and make it curve. It was super cool.  I did manage to get a few gutter balls in the process, but also had some really cool looking shots.  After bowling we sat and chatted for awhile and then he brought me home.  Overall, it was a fun date.  Simon is a super nice guy.  I wouldn't say we had much in common, so I'm not sure if we'll go out again, but it was a good date.

I still have 19 dates to go on before I turn 30 on March 31!!! So, if you know of any great guys to set me up with, PLEASE DO!!! 

I have also read several books in the past couple of months.  My goal is to read 30, I think I am at 16.  Here are the books I have read recently:


Book #14: Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl.  Wow! I loved this book.  Many of you probably read it in high school or college, but I never did.  This was my first time and it was a very sad book about the Holocaust and how this man survived it and what he learned about the nature of man.  We are all searching for meaning to our lives and this book explains how man's primary motivation in life is his search for meaning. He shares a lot of his experiences from the four concentration camps he survived and talks a lot about the different people he encountered along the way.  I definitely recommend this book.


Book #15: Because He First Loved Us by Henry B Eyring. This book is written by President Erying, who is an apostle for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  The book is a compilation of speeches and talks that he has given about Jesus Christ and His great love for us.  I love this book. I bought it several years ago when I was serving as Relief Society President at church and gave a copy to each of my counselors to read as well.  I read a few of the talks back then and learned a lot from them, but this is the first time that I actually sat down and read the whole thing.  I've always enjoyed listening to President Eyring speak and the talks in this book are powerful.


Book #16: The Reader by Bernhard Schlink.  This is another book that takes place during World War II.  The story is fiction. The main character is a boy that basically falls in love with an older woman that has a horrible past.  She was a guard in Germany during the war and did some terrible things.  I don't want to give anything away, so I won't.  Anyway, I thought the book was okay.  The story line was interesting and had a couple of twists, but I definitely expected it to be better than it was.  They made a movie out of the book but I have not seen it.


Also, I am still working on my project of compiling a book.  I want your help with this!!!  Click on this link to find out more!   http://ireallylived.blogspot.com/p/writing-book.html

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!


No comments:

Post a Comment