Sunday, January 15, 2012

Church Ball in the Morning + Hiking with Nancy Pelosi = Perfect Day



Today was awesome! My morning started with a church basketball game.  I have to say that I love my team and we have so much fun playing together.  We didn't have any subs so we each got to play the whole game.  It was exhausting and my old body is sore today, but man it's fun to be playing basketball!

Right after our game I met up with my friend, Nancy Pelosi, to do some hiking in Lamb's Canyon.  No, her last name is not really Pelosi, but that is what I have called her since the day I met her. She is one of my most favorite hiking buddies!  I have a goal to do 30 hikes this year and I think this one was my 25th. I need to count.

It was such a beautiful day to go hiking.  The sky was blue, the sun was shining and there wasn't too much snow.  We hiked up to the top to the overlook to see into Millcreek Canyon and it was awesome!  It was a great reminder to me of how much I love being in the mountains, even when there is snow on the ground.  The hike was tough going up, mostly because I had just played a full basketball game and my legs wanted to fall off, but it was totally worth it when we got to the top.  There is nothing like conquering a mountain and the peace that comes from standing on top of the world and looking out over all of God's creations. 

PS: I tried to look like a thug while we went hiking. Do I pull off the thug look?  You can't really tell but my sweats were like 2 sizes too big.




No comments:

Post a Comment