Sunday, October 14, 2012

Benefits of Juicing


Tomorrow is the big day! I am starting the JUICE FEAST phase of my Juice Plan.  For the next 30 days I will only be drinking juice made from fresh veggies and fruits.  You might be wondering why I'm doing this.  I explained a big in my last post, but here you go:

Recently, I watched the documentary FAT, SICK and NEARLY DEAD (you can watch it for free on Hulu).  The movie is about a man from Australia that decides to get on a 60 day juice fast.  He came to America to do it and drove all over the country to share his story.  In the 60 days of drinking juice that he made each day in his juicer, he lost like 90 pounds, but more than that his life totally changed.  He went off all medications, his had tons of energy and he was able to reboot his body and begin a healthy and active lifestyle.  His story, along with other people he meets on his journey, is incredible and I definitely recommend you watch it!

Along with that I have read a lot about the Green Smoothie Diet.   The typical American diet is so bad.  I definitely fall into the trap of eating fried foods, sugar and other things that are not good for my body.  I've been paying a lot of attention to my body and am beginning to see the effects these foods have on me.  When I am not eating healthy my body aches.  I wake up feeling sick and my back hurts and I have no energy.  I also have some extra weight I've been carrying around that is uncomfortable and discouraging.

My goal with this is just to clean out my system and get rid of the junk I've been carrying around for years. The results have been life changing for so many people and I am inspired.  In Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead it talks about how our bodies need to heal on the inside and I feel like my insides need a lot of healing.

From what I've learned from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, as well as Green Smoothie Diet, here is what I expect to happy in the next 30 days as I eat only fruits and veggies. The benefits of juicing!

-Increased ENERGY!
-Sleeping better at night
-Reduced risk of disease
-Decrease in belly fat
-Decreased depression and anxiety
-Cleaning out my digestive tract
-Decreased desire for refined sugars
- Shinier hair
-Clear and glowing skin
-Stronger fingernails
-Losing 10 to 15 pounds

What I'm really looking forward to is just cleaning out my body, REBOOTING my system and after 30 days beginning a healthier lifestyle with no sugar or processed foods.  I want to live a long time and I want to continue my active lifestyle for years and years to come.  I'm not going to make myself sick because of what I eat.  Instead, I am going to improve my quality of life because of what I eat!
 
TOMORROW IT BEGINS!!!  I have a blog to post my progress and talk about the benefits of juicing.  You can follow it here.  Or click on the Juicy Feast tab above.

Below are some great books about juicing if you are interested in getting started.  I definitely recommend the book by Green Smoothie Girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment