Tuesday, March 13, 2012

#13: Go 100 Days Without Eating Sugar


One of my goals this year was to go 100 days without eating sugar.  It didn't have to consecutive days, but it had to be at least 100 days with no sugar at all.  At the beginning of October I started keeping track and from October 1 until today, March 13, I have had 100 sugar free days!  Before that, from last March until October I probably had another 100 sugar free days, which means this year I've had at least 200 days with no sugar. 

The reason I did this is not because I'm a huge sugar freak.  I like my sweets, but I'd have to say I'm more of a crunchy, salty person. I love my potato chips.  But I have found that when I eat sugar I just don't feel good.  My body aches, I get tired and I feel so sluggish.  I think when I get into "emotional eating" mode I turn to sugar thinking that it will make me feel better, when in all actuality it does the opposite.  I feel like crap, so I start eating sugar and then I feel even more crappy. It's a vicious cycle.

But this year has been really good.  I have found that as I've eaten less sugar my body has felt so much better.  I've gone as much as 30 days straight without sugar and I can tell such a difference.  And because I've been staying away from sugar, I can actually feel the negative affects of eating sugar way faster now than I used to and it's a lot easier to stay away from it.

This is my own personal thing, but I plan on having way more sugar free days in my life.  It makes my body happy and I want a happy body!!


No comments:

Post a Comment