Friday, November 11, 2011

On Vacation...


I have been in Hawaii for two full days now.  Our first night we flew in and stayed down in Waikiki.  The traffic is crazy down there right now because Obama flew in today from the APEC conference, which makes me glad we are now staying on the other side of the island.  Yesterday we checked into Turtle Bay Resort and its gorgeous.  Our condo is beautiful.  It's fun to be back here in Hawaii.  I went to school out here at BYU-Hawaii about 10 years ago and I haven't been back since.  Last night I was driving around with my little sister and showing her campus and other places around town, including houses that I lived in. When I think about living out here it seems like a dream and that it really didn't happen. It was such a fun and relaxing time of my life.  I wore shorts and flip flops every day and the beach was always just a short walk away.  My friends were from all over the world and we had so much fun exploring the island.  Hawaii is paradise...I'm not sure I'll want to go back home.  But I've still got seven days here to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment