Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend Update: Life is Good!


This summer has been awesome! I have said this many times, but I wish summer could last forever. It's been awhile since I've posted an update, but I am happy to report that I have been out having fun and enjoying time with friends and family, and to me, that's what life is all about. I will try not to make this post too long, but here is what I have been up to:

#10: Compete in a Mud Run.
On August 13, I joined my brother, Shawn, and three of my favorite gals, in the Mud Run MS. It was a 10k, military-style obstacle course, with over 20 obstacles...and it was AWESOME! I have always wanted to do something like a challenge course and this one was tough, but also such a blast. We got super dirty and ran in the dead of heat, but I loved it and can't wait to do it again next year! My favorite part was climbing a 10ft platform and jumping into a pool of muddy water.

#3: Participate in a Flash Mob.Did you see the episode of Modern Family where Mitchell surprises Cameron by participating in a flash mob at the mall? It was so funny! When I saw that I decided that one day I have got to participate in one. Well, my friend, Jen, put together a flash mob to perform at the Sweatin for Sarah 5k. This was the second annual Sweatin for Sarah 5k that I helped put together for our friend Sarah. Yesterday morning it took place and it was AWESOME! We had a couple hundred people come to support Sarah and we raised more than $10,000! Such an incredible morning and it felt so good to be part of something so great! Oh yeah, and being in the flash mob was fun too. Here is a cool video one of the participants put together of the event.

Date #7: On Thursday night I went out on date #7. I will call him Mr. Gellato. I will tell you why. So we actually met online and he asked me out for ice cream. It was sort of cute, because he sent me an email with a multiple choice question, with four options of places to go for ice cream, with a link attached to each one for me to check out their websites. Anyway, we met up for dinner and gellato. I don't even remember the name of the place, but it was up in Daybreak and it was awesome! After we ate dinner we got our ice cream and went for a walk and sat at a small park and chatted. The views from up there were amazing! We talked for quite awhile and he was fun to talk to. He was definitely a decent guy and I enjoyed going out with him.

Book #7: The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrell. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for a few years. I read it a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. A few weeks ago I happened to see it on my bookshelf and remembered how much I had loved reading, so I decided the read it again. The second time around I got even more out of it. The author does such an amazing job at using a story to describe how the atonement can work in our lives to help us find peace and to help us forgive, and be forgiven. When I finished reading I was overcome with how much God loves us and how the greatest way to feel His love is by learning how to use the atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives each day. It's an amazing gift we have been given!

A couple of weeks ago I went to Havasupai with a group of friends and it was AWESOME! If you have never been there, make plans to go. It is like a tropical oasis tucked away in the Grand Canyon. The water is this incredible turquoise color and you spend all day hiking and playing in the different waterfalls. One day we hiked 3 miles down the river to Beaver Falls and I felt like I was in this magical world because it was beautiful and we were swimming and jumping off small waterfalls and it was incredible!





No comments:

Post a Comment