Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Update


Hello Everyone!

It has been a busy few weeks and I wanted to give you an update on my goals. First of all, I have completed #21 on my list of 30 things to accomplish this year. What is #21 you ask? Let me show you:

That's right, folks! I went skydiving! I jumped out of an airplane that was 13,000 feet in that air. It's hard to describe what it felt like to be falling through the air at 120 miles an hour. The plane ride up was beautiful. The amazing scenery, especially over the Great Salt Lake, brought me so much peace. I was inspired once again with how beautiful this earth is. When we reached the jumping point, my friend, Sara, was the first one out the door. She and her tandem master jumped out and did a flip and started soaring through the air. Less than 10 seconds later I was standing on the edge of the door and Blake, my tandem master, and I jumped out, doing a flip and started flying. Falling through the air was the coolest feeling and I had so much fun! Now that I have jumped out of a plane I am ready to do anything. Nothing is impossible!

I have read two more books to put on my list for reading 30 books this year. I decided to reread one of my favorite books: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. If you haven't read this book, read it! I won't go into much detail, but it takes place on Guernsey Island during World War II and is full of characters that you will fall in love with. I had no idea about the German occupation of Guernsey during the war and this really taught me a lot. This is a MUST READ!

The other book I read is called The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent. My friend suggested I read this book and so I read it on my trip to Myrtle Beach last weekend. It takes place during the Salem witch trials and is such a sad, but very powerful, story about a family that was affected by the witch trials. This book is fiction, but follows what actually happened during this time period. I found myself getting so angry at those stupid girls that were accusing people of being witches and it boggles my mind that the community allowed people to be killed because they were accused of being witches. This is another MUST READ.

My goal to go to the Temple at least once a month is going great! I went yesterday and it was wonderful. I just love being in the Temple and getting my life and my thoughts into focus and remembering what's most important in this life.

Date #4 is coming up this weekend and I will be sure to keep you posted....

And to finish it off, I spent Memorial Day weekend in Myrtle Beach with some of my favorite pals! YAY for the beach!!!







1 comment:

  1. ‎...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, For there you have been and there you long to return...

    Leonardo da Vinci

    Way to go! Skydiving really is the most incredible experience!

    Btw, I love your list of 30 things. I think I may just create one myself!

    ReplyDelete