Monday, April 4, 2011

Blooming



On my birthday I received a beautiful bouquet of roses...

The flowers were delivered to my work, so I instantly became the most popular gal in the office and all of the ladies I work with stopped by my office to admire the roses and smell them and comment on how lovely they are.

Now the roses are sitting on my coffee table at home. I am looking at them while I write this post. Its been 7 days since my birthday and the roses are in full bloom. Every time I look at them I am reminded of how much beauty there is in the world. I think flowers were created because God wanted us to remember that from a small seed can come something unique, beautiful and awe inspiring.

When I first received them the roses were all closed up. They were still beautiful, but nothing compared to what they look like now as they proudly stand in full bloom for everyone to see. That's how I feel. I lived a long time being closed up. I was beautiful.

But then I finally started to open up, to let the world see the real me and I stand tall, knowing that the real me, the Angie in full bloom, is beauty in its purest form.




1 comment: