I know that New Year's was nearly three weeks ago and I'm a little late in posting my goals for this year. I started writing down my goals right before the New Year, but then I got really busy with a few different things and sort of decided to put them on hold. So I am not starting my goals right on January 1 and I am totally okay with that. I feel like right now is the perfect time for me to write down my goals, make the commitment and start moving forward.
Last year I worked on my goals with the thought of "I CAN" to this. This year, my focus is "I WILL" do this! These are goals that are important to me (a few of them have been on my goal list for three years!) and this is the year that I will get them done! I know I can do it and I am committing now by saying I WILL DO IT!
Here are my goals for 2013:
1. Walk/Run 2,013 miles in 2013. As many of you know my sister and I started a program called MOON JOGGERS and at first I was committed to doing 1,000 miles in 2013, but was inspired by so many of the people that have joined our group and have decided to do 2,013 miles! It's completely out of my comfort zone, but I WILL do it!
2. I WILL eliminate sugar and high fructose corn syrup from my diet. This will be a process, but I've come to see how these two things effect both my physical and mental health and I want to eliminate them this year.
3. Complete 12 weeks of P90X! I have started this program many times, but have never completed a full twelve weeks. This year I WILL do it!
4. Write in my journal every day! I always feel so more focused and at peace when I take the time to write in my journal and reflect on my day. This is a commitment I really want to stick to and I WILL!
5. Study a different gospel topic each week and focus on that topic all during the week. I started this at the beginning of the year. The first week I studied about Faith in Jesus Christ, last week I studied about Charity, the Pure Love of Christ and this week I am studying about Virtue. I definitely want to focus on being more spiritual this year and I know this will help.
6. Pay off my car and credit cards. I am going to make this happen! My car is almost paid off and then the focus will turn to the credit cards and I WILL pay them off!
7. Fit into my Gold Pleather Wrangler Jeans. This has been on my list for a couple of years now and this year I WILL fit into them and wear them with pride!
8. Finish my t-shirt quilt. This is another project that was started more than a year ago and I am going to finish this year and it's going to look so great!!
9. Ride in a hot air balloon. This is the third year in a row I've listed this goal. This year I am riding in a hot air balloon!!! It WILL happen!
10. Have a meaningful conversation on the phone with at least two family members each month. I want to keep my relationships with my family members strong and always growing, no matter what the distance is between us.
So there you have it! Those are my goals and I look forward to what WILL be accomplished in 2013! It's going to be an AMAZING year!!!