Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quick Update


I can't believe September is almost over already! Where has the time gone? Life is good and I've been enjoying the great autumn weather. In fact, last week I went hiking five times. It was incredible! And the colors of the leaves are starting to change and I love it! Here is a quick update on what I've been up to:

Date #8: So a few weeks ago I went out with Mr. Crazy. That's what I will call him. We actually went out a couple of times and he was very eager and after one or two dates he was already talking about getting married and moving away to South Carolina together. Needless to say, after our third date and several red flags, I told him to go check out the other fish in the sea because this fish wasn't interested.

Date #9: On Saturday I went out with the Big Man. He is 6'4" and was a wrestler in college. It was actually really nice to go out with someone a lot taller than me. We went out to dinner and talked for a long time. He was super easy to talk to and a lot of fun to get to know. After dinner we hiked up Ensign Peak and watched the sun set over the Great Salt Lake. It was gorgeous. We stayed up there and talked some more. It was a really fun date and he is a really nice guy. We'll see what happens.

Book #8: I was listening to a couple of my friends chatting, and one of them is a therapist. She was talking about Dr. Laura and how some of the stuff she has written is really good. I went to the library and checked out her book, "Stop Whining, Start Living." I loved it! I realized that in my life I used to spend a lot of time complaining and usually is was about stupid, unimportant stuff. I was also in the habit of coming home and complaining about my job and how much I hated it. I started reading this book and couldn't put it down. I decided that I had some changed to do and wanted to stop whining, because it was only making me miserable. So I have been more aware of my whining and have been able to stop myself, and in the process my attitude is changing. My life is actually really great: I am healthy, I have a good place to live, I have an incredible family and group of friends and I have a good job, which is really fortunate in these tough economic times. Seeing the positive has helped me to feel better inside and really has made me feel more alive. I am living my life and doing my best to enjoy every moment. Thanks Dr. Laura!

In 43 days I will be here:
Jumping off of this:
And hiking to this
And doing some of this:
And spending a lot of time doing this:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment