Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sweatin for Sarah



Last year I was involved in an INCREDIBLE event called Sweatin for Sarah, which is a 5K race we put together for our friend, Sarah, who is battling cancer. Here is my journal entry from last year:

"A few weeks ago a small group of us put together a 5K called "Sweatin for Sarah." We did it to raise money for Sarah Hays, who is battling cancer. We put a lot of work into it and it was fun to be involved with everyone and get it all set up. The day of the race was one of the most amazing days of my life. I will never forget it. Everything came together and the event ran smoothly. Over 400 people showed up to support Sarah and we raised a ton of money! As part of the race route everyone got to run past Sarah's house and stop and say hi and give her a hug. Sarah had a huge smile on her face the entire time and I was overwhelmed by the amount of love and support Sarah has in her life. I was also touched by how good people truly are and how that goodness can spread to everyone around you. People are good. My faith and hope in people grew a lot that day. I still get emotional when I think about what a great day it was. I talked to Sarah the other day and she said it was probably the best day of her life. I'm grateful that I was able to be a part of that."

Sarah is still fighting hard and we are rallying together for the 2nd Annual Sweatin for Sarah 5k. If you are in Utah on August 27 and would like to participate, either as a runner or as a volunteer, please do! You can register here. On the website you can also read a letter from Sarah and find out how you can donate if you cannot attend the race. Sarah is amazing - she is brave, courageous and full of love and light. She brings out the good in all of us. Join us for this incredible event!


No comments:

Post a Comment