Friday, June 10, 2011

My First Poem


One of my goals that I want to accomplish before I turn 30 is to write ten poems and post them on my blog. I love to write but I rarely take much time to do it. This is helping me devote more time to writing and to tapping into my creative juices. This first poem I actually co-wrote with a friend. I like the way it turned out.

I am carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.
My legs will not give, they will be my boulders
Why must I carry this heavy load?
Why must I walk this road?
I walk alone. Afraid to ask for help.
I carry this burden, hoping he will ask me if help is needed
Hoping that he will see past the walls I've built.
Hoping he will know my heart
He looks my way and I meet his loving eyes.
Eyes meet and we embrace
He says, "Dear Child, I have always been here.
Dear Child, never fear.”
My burden is lifted. The weight is gone.
I have the strength to carry on.



1 comment:

  1. I never knew you loved to write so much! You work is amazing, vulnerable and brave! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete