Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekend Update


Okay friends, it's time for a little bit of an update:

Date #2 happened on Friday night. It was with a guy I met online. We met at Red Robin for dinner. He works at a hospital and had to work the night shift that night, so we just did dinner and it was nice. It was fun to sit and talk to him. We had emailed and talked a little bit before we met, which made it a little less awkward to actually meet in person. Overall it was a good date. We had good conversation and there weren't too many of those quiet, what should I say next, moments. When he said goodbye he said he'd call me again this week. We'll see what happens. I wasn't totally feeling it, but if he were to ask me out again I would definitely give him another chance. I figure one date is not enough to really get to know anyone (unless he or she is a complete jerk or completely crazy).

Date #3 came on Saturday. A good friend of mine set me up with #3. She kept telling me what a great guy he was and so I agreed to go out with him. We met at a Thai restaurant in Salt Lake for dinner. We both walked up to the restaurant at the same time and dinner was great. He was fun to talk to and we had great conversation. After dinner he asked if I wanted to go for a walk. So we walked around Liberty Park and chatted some more. #3 is a lot of fun to talk to and just seems like a really good guy. He walked me to my car after our walk and gave me a hug. I hope he asks me out again....I guess we'll find out.

#26 on my list of 30 things to accomplish before I turn 30 is to go to the temple at least once a month. Yesterday I attended the Jordan River Temple. It was so nice to leave the world for awhile and have some time to clear my mind and focus on what's most important. I love going to the temple and remembering that I am a child of God and that He loves me.

#12 on my list of things to do is to read 30 books this year. I LOVE to read!!! I'm super excited to complete this goal. The first book I have completed is called Intuitive Eating. Usually I am not big into the dieting and self-help books but this one came highly recommended and I am glad that I read it. Basically it teaches you how to get rid of the dieting mentality and focus more on just listening to your body. It talks about how so many of us get trapped into this dieter mentality and are so focused on "good" foods and "bad" foods and how we beat ourselves up when we eat the "bad" foods, even when we aren't dieting. Our society is so focused on losing weight and losing it quick. And our bodies are taking a beating as we starve it and then stuff it with food. And so many of us place our self worth on how much the numbers on our scale tell us we weigh. This book is part of the reason why I destroyed my scale. I want to be healthy and be at my natural weight, but I want to do it by listening to my body and by being kind to it. My body will tell me what it wants, I just have to listen. I totally recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

Well, I think that's it for now. Thanks for reading this and please feel free to leave a comment.
Coming up this week: SKY DIVING!


No comments:

Post a Comment